Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Never Say Ooops Official Cookie

Vote for ME!
For as long as I can remember my mom has always asked me to help her out in the kitchen; whether it was snapping green beans or rolling meatballs and the holidays were no exception. My sister and I would help Mom decide what cookies to bake and help assemble the cookie platters to hand out to friends and family, always testing the cookies along the way. I learned a couple things over the years in that kitchen; meatballs are not frozen, cookies are from scratch and to never say ooops when you're baking. Now that I am baking my own holiday cookies I keep this lesson close to heart. This is the perfect never say ooops cookie because you can customize it however you like. You can use different pudding flavors or add ins and it tastes amazing every time. This lemon cookie with cranberries and white chocolate chips is my favorite variation and a sure holiday classic. The perfect ode to my mom and a pretty addition to our holiday cookie platters. Thanks mom :-)

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 cups butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
Powdered sugar for presentation

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown, do not over cook.
4. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with powerded sugar once cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment